What are the perks of a wireless smart home in State College?
Safeguarding your property against well-known risks like break-ins and fire is the primary goal of any home security system. You can achieve this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you wish to utilize the latest advancements, a wireless smart home is your best option. By installing a wireless system, you can benefit from the following:
● Remote access: Would you like to be able to secure your doors or watch live video from your phone? A wireless smart home gives you a level of control and access you’ve never had. You can remotely check or adjust any system components, like your smart thermostat or lights.
● Instant alerts: Not only can you access your system, but it can also reach you. If a device is tripped, a notification will be delivered immediately to your cell phone app. You’ll always be alerted when there’s a security event, regardless of whether you’re home or away.
● Adaptable and scalable: Unlike wired components, you can place wireless alternatives practically anywhere. Would you like to have an indoor camera on your desktop or in your child’s room? You got it! It’s also easy to add or remove components from your wireless smart home.
Potential drawbacks of wireless systems
Despite the fact that wireless smart homes in State College have proven safe and useful, there are a few potential shortcomings. You should consider the following:
● You may need to change batteries. If you use battery-powered devices, there’s always the potential for failure when the battery dies. Even so, smart devices will alert you when battery life is low and often last for years without calling for a new battery.
● Placement of devices. There may be a limit on how far you may put wireless devices away from the primary command hub. This won’t be a problem in most homes, but you should ask about the restrictions prior to making a decision.
● Risk of online hacking. Similar to any computer network, the threat of hacking is there. But you can considerably lower this risk by using hard-to-guess passwords, always changing default settings, and using routers with integrated security.
Design your Vivint wireless smart home in State College today!
Take advantage of everything a wireless smart home can do by customizing your own with a Vivint representative today. You’ll love being able to monitor and control your State College security system from anywhere. Contact (814) 752-4276 to get started.