Daily home deliveries have become routine for numerous homeowners thanks to the shift to online shopping. You appreciate the ease of having items left right at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages on your doorstep are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a real concern, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These devices are great tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they provide a lot more.
Take a minute to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be an essential part of your smart home.
Perks of a State College video doorbell
Available in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a great number of innovative features, and the technology continues to improve. You now have the ability to customize detection zones, talk to whoever’s in front of your door, and obtain instant updates whenever a package is delivered.
The best way to understand how a State College video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous perks it offers. Consider the following features:
- Active crime deterrents: You can’t find this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in deterring burglary with signals that can be heard and seen. This is an effective way to let prowlers know somebody is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that should include the faces of people at your entry and items on the surface below. Cameras with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision give you a total perspective.
- Crystal-clear streams no matter the hour: If you don’t have pictures and video you can see clearly, what’s the benefit of getting a doorbell camera? Top models will include amazing high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You can get instant alerts from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between visitors and boxes.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is someone lingering at your front door? Two-way audio lets you ask why they’re there. You can even use this beneficial feature to scare off people lurking around your walkway.
- Cut down on false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even allow you to configure your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the viewing area will allow you to reduce false alarms triggered by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home gives you the chance to access real-time and archived video right from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you can engage with them right from your phone, regardless of your location. They’ll alert you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s going on, and even let you talk with the individual at your door. They’ve become game-changers in terms of security and convenience.